For women, the belly is one of the most problematic body parts. The passive lifestyle, stress, and consumption of unhealthy foods are a nightmare when it comes to the tummy.
If you have this problem, what you need to know is that you get a flat stomach through exercising the whole body, not just by doing abdominal muscles exercises. You can have the strongest abs, but no one will notice if they are covered with fat.
Abs workouts should be part of any fitness program. To tone the abdominal muscles, you shouldn’t do only the standard abdominal exercises, but you should do exercises for the whole torso. Here are a Some exercises that will benefit you to achieve that.
1. Lie on your back and extend your arms over your head, so that your palms are directed upwards. Contract your abdominal muscles and simultaneously start to bring your knees toward your chest, and your arms forward. You should reach the position shown in the picture below.
Hold this position for 5 seconds, then lie down on the floor. Repeat this exercise 12 times.
2. Lie down on your back and spread your arms and legs. Your body viewed from above should look like “X.” Lift your upper body and legs at the same time. Place your right foot in front of the left, and raise the legs till you have 90 ° angle position. At the same time, raise the upper part of the body, merge the palms, and bring them to your left side (see the picture).
Return to the original position, and repeat the exercise on the other side. Do 16 repetitions (8 to the left and 8 to the right).
3. Lie down on the floor, lift your legs and lean them on the edge of the chair. Hands need to be inside your body, and you shouldn’t bend your legs. Contract the buttocks and thighs muscles, and start to lift up the buttocks. Raise both hands at the same time. You should have the position as on the picture. Hold up to 2-3 seconds and return to the original position. Repeat the exercise 12 times.
4. Lie down on the floor, lift your legs and lean them on the edge of the chair. Take a towel or a stick in your hands and extend them over the head. Start to lift up, turning your torso to the left, until you come as in the shown position.
Go back to the initial position and start to lift up again, but this time, turn your torso to the right. Do 16 repetitions (8 to the left and 8 to the right).
5. Kneel down on the floor and put your hands behind your head. Keep your hips balanced, contract your abdominal muscles, and bend the upper towards your navel. After doing so, lift up.
Do 12 repetitions.